1. Don't try to reason with them. Toddlers are not yet capable of logical thinking, so they will not understand if you try to explain why they shouldn't do something.
2. Don't get angry. Losing your temper will only make the situation worse and could scare your child.
3. Don't give in. If you give in to your child's demands, they will learn that they can get what they want by throwing a tantrum.
4. Don't ignore them. If you ignore your child, they will feel neglected and could become disruptive.
5. Don't do everything for them. Letting your child do things for themselves will help them develop independence and confidence.