The holidays are a great time for families to come together and spend quality time with one another. Unfortunately, it can also be a struggle to keep toddlers entertained during this special time of year. If you’re looking for ways to keep your toddler occupied and engaged, here are a few ideas to help you out.
1. Get Crafty: Crafts are a great way to keep toddlers entertained during the holidays. You can do simple crafts like making Christmas tree ornaments or snowmen out of materials you likely have around the house, like paper, markers, glue and glitter. Crafting is also a great way to help toddlers develop their fine motor skills and get creative.
2. Read Stories: Reading stories together is a great way to bond with your toddler while also teaching them valuable lessons. Choose holiday-themed books to get your toddler excited about the season. It’s also a great way to help them learn about why we celebrate certain holidays.
3. Play Games: Games are a fun way to get your toddler involved in the holiday spirit. There are plenty of games that are great for toddlers, like memory matching games, board games, and puzzles. You can even make up your own holiday-themed games.
4. Take a Trip: Taking a trip to somewhere special during the holidays can be a great way to keep your toddler entertained. Visit a local winter wonderland, go to a zoo, or head to a museum for a fun day out.
5. Have a Movie Night: If the weather is bad, you can always have a movie night with your toddler. Choose a holiday-themed movie to watch together and cuddle up with some popcorn and hot chocolate.
These are just a few ideas to help you keep your toddler entertained during the holidays. With a little bit of creativity, you can make the holidays a special time for your family.